SFBC Staff hang outs pre COVID 19.
SF Bicycle Coalition are still hard at work fighting on behalf of cyclists in San Francisco.
While they are all following the shelter in place guidelines, their bicycle advocacy doesn’t stop. City Hall meetings continue on, protected bike lanes can still be approved, and their community organizers continue advancing people-powered campaigns for better streets. Their efforts include:
- Getting protected bike lanes approved by City Hall decisionmakers.
- Engaging our members and community stakeholders in bicycle and pedestrian safety projects and finding new, creative ways to do outreach.
- Ensuring bike repair and maintenance are deemed essential services under the shelter in place order, and that local bike shops can stay open if they choose.
Looking for ways to connect with your SF Bicycle Coalition during this ever-changing time? Support them by:
- Joining the SFBC Climate Rise team here.
- Joining or renewing your SF Bicycle Coalition membership online here!
- Attending one of their virtual events. So far, they have held a bike-inspired zine workshop and a virtual conversation around what their work looks amidst COVID-19. Coming up they will continue to host their monthly Women Bike SF Coffee Club and online bike education classes.
Bike SFBC is committed to ensuring that San Francisco emerges from this pandemic a stronger, more resilient city — one where biking is at the center of daily life. They’ll continue to show up for you and everyone who rides bikes in San Francisco.