Take a look at the calendar
Can you take advantage of that special occasion?
- Take advantage of end-of-year giving! 40% of the year's giving happens in December, so time your campaign around the holidays.
- April is a great time to host a tax-return party.
- Earth Day is April 22nd, and Bike-to-Work day is the third Friday in May.
- Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekend barbeques are a great place to convene friends and ask for their support.
- Have a birthday coming up? Rather than getting gifts, ask for birthday donations.
- Have friends who are interested in bike racing? The Tour of California, Giro d'Italia, Tour de France, and Vuelta de Espana happen in May, July, and September, respectively. Great excuse for a bike party!
- Car-free day is September 22nd.
There are plenty of great ways to maximize certain days of the year to your advantage, so have a look at the calender and see what works for you!